Fort Wayne Plan Commission Calendar Change
Effective in June 2018 the Fort Wayne Plan Commission will start the public hearing at 5:30 p.m. instead of 6:00 p.m. The revised calendar can be found here.
Site Plan Routing Review Process
Changes have been made to the site plan review process. Please review this guide to see the new filing options. Site Plan Review Process Submittal Guide.
Allen County and Fort Wayne Zoning Ordinance Landscape Standards Amendments
There are upcoming Plan Commission public hearings for the next phase of the ongoing Allen County – Fort Wayne Zoning Ordinance Update project. This project continues to work to improve, clarify, simplify, and streamline the community’s development and permitting processes.
This set of amendments is proposed to improve the landscape plan review and approval process by:
- Clarifying the landscape standards language;
- Simplifying/reducing the number of landscape codes;
- Aligning the development, landscape, and residential impact mitigation standards; and
- Addressing the other landscape standards issues, and related issues that have been identified since 2014.
The proposed amendments are listed in the summary below; there are also redlined versions of the amendments below. The summary shows which pages will be affected in each ordinance. Both the Allen County and Fort Wayne ordinances will be amended at this time.
The Fort Wayne Plan Commission will hold a public hearing on these proposed amendments on Monday, March 11th at 5:30 p.m. in Room 035 on the Garden (Basement) Level of the Citizens Square building.
The Allen County Plan Commission will hold a public hearing on these proposed amendments on Thursday, March 14th at 1:00 p.m. in Room 035 on the Garden (Basement) Level of the Citizens Square building. Citizens Square is located at 200 E. Berry Street.
Please contact Pat Fahey of the Department of Planning Services at 449-7607 with any questions about these amendments.
UPDATE: Fort Wayne Zoning Ordinance Gas Station Uses Amendment
The Fort Wayne Plan Commission will hold a public hearing on proposed amendments to the Fort Wayne Zoning Ordinance intended to address issues identified by the Common Council relative to gas station uses, by:
- Addressing the number of special uses for gas stations available in the existing zoning districts;
- Clarifying how existing nonconforming gas station uses will be treated;
- Updating the Special Use tables as needed; and
- Clarifying the definitions of “convenience store” and “gas station” to differentiate between the two uses.
The hearing on these proposed amendments will be held on Monday, January 7th at 5:30 p.m. in Room 035 on the Garden (Basement) Level of the Citizens Square building; a redlined version of the proposed amendment is below:
UPDATE Gas Station Amendment City of Fort Wayne:
At its February 18th business meeting, the Plan Commission recommended approval of a revised Gas Station Uses amendment; the revised version as amended is below:
Fort Wayne, Allen County, Huntertown and Woodburn Zoning Ordinances
- Allen County Zoning Ordinance - Effective 1/1/2018
- Fort Wayne Zoning Ordinance - Floodplain Amendment - Effective 8/8/2018
- Huntertown Zoning Ordinance - Effective 1/1/2018
- Woodburn Zoning Ordinance - Effective 3/3/2018
Considering a New Project?
Our Mission is to provide professional, responsive, efficient and cost-effective government and community services to provide assistance to and improve the quality of life of the people in Allen County.
As of March 3rd 2008 the Fort Wayne Land Use Management and Zoning Department and the Allen County Department of Planning Services became one department. Our office hours are Monday thru Friday 8:00 AM till 5:00 PM. If you have questions about the new permit or about changes to department processes please contact our office at (260) 449 - 7607.